LDI members created a library of resource materials to guide presenters’ community building efforts. The following resources are available for download.
- Building Meaningful Relationships in Community Presentation
- Leadership for Building Meaningful Relationships with Community Jourlet (journal+booklet)
- Six Milestones in Successful Evaluation Cycle Outline
- Six Steps of Evaluation Worksheet
- Creative Courage – Leadership Practices to Build Resilience and Vitality in Performing Arts Organizations
Animating Democracy: Resources for Evaluating the Social Impact of the Arts. http://animatingdemocracy.org/home-impact.
Tools and Tips for Assessing the Intrinsic Impacts of Arts Programs. Wolf Brown, Theater Bay Area, Baker Richards, Group of Minds, http://intrinsicimpact.org.
Arts & Civic Engagement Toolkit: Planning Tools and Resources for Animating Democracy in Your Community. Animating Democracy, A Program for Americans for the Arts. CD-Toolkit, 2008.
Callahan, Suzanne. Singing Our Praises: Case Studies in the Art of Evaluation. Washington, DC: Association of Performing Arts Presenters, 2004. Print.
Ratzkin, Rebecca, Alan Brown, Arlene Goldbard, Susan Atkinson, and Clayton Lord.
Counting New Beans: Intrinsic Impact and the Value of Art: Featuring Measuring the Intrinsic Impact of Live Theatre : The Final Report on the Landmark Two-year Intrinsic Impact Theatre Study. San Francisco, CA: Theatre Bay Area, 2012. Print.
Reisman , Jane, Anne Gienapp. Theory of Change: A Practical Tool for Action, Results and Learning. Seattle, WA: Organizational Research Services, 2004.
Wolf, Thomas, and Gigi Antoni. More Than the Sum of Its Parts: Collaboration & Sustainability in Arts Education. New York: National Guild for Community Arts Education; Dallas, TX: Big Thought, 2012. Print.
Other Evaluation Resource Recommendations
The Evaluation Exchange: a periodical of emerging strategies in evaluation. Harvard Family Research Project: Harvard Graduate School of Education. http://www.hfrp.org/evaluation/the-evaluation-exchange/issue-archive/
- Fall 1995. Volume I, Number 3&4 Issue Topic: Participatory Evaluation.
- Fall 2003. Volume IX, Number 3 Issue Topic: Evaluating Community-Based Initiatives
- Issue Topic: Democratic Evaluation (2005)