The 2012/2013 Leadership Development Institute (LDI) cohort explored ways in which presenters shape cultures of community engagement based upon the theme: Know and Connect with Community. Their cooperative inquiry addressed essential questions about relevance, commitment and community. The outcome of this work reflects the following belief: “Unless our arts organizations continually evaluate our missions and evolve our programming to reflect the communities in which we serve, we run the risk of becoming irrelevant and impotent as a force for social and cultural change.” Read more ›
- Making the Case – Why is it important to know and connect with community?
- Building an Organizational Culture – Why is it important to integrate community engagement into a presenter’s mission/strategic plan?
- Connecting with Your Community – How should geographic, socioeconomic and political realities of the community inform an organization’s approach?
- Involving Artists – How should artists – who are key stakeholders in the arts ecology – be involved in connecting their work with communities?
- Evaluating Impact – How can evaluation serve internal learning and enhanced community engagement?